Coinmama, a cryptocurrency exchange platform, offers a fast and safe way to purchase and sell most of the most popular cryptos. It was founded in 2013 and the first platform to allow purchases using a credit card.
Because of its easy-to-use interface, it’s great for beginners. It is easy to purchase crypto using fiat currency (paper money), which then goes directly into your personal wallet. This gives you full control over your funds. Other attractive features are the multiple payment options, high spending limits, loyalty program, and more.
This review will provide a basic overview of Coinmama. Read on to find out if Coinmama is right for you.
Before you go on, you may want to check out this video by Bitcoin Made Easy on YouTube that gives a quick overview. After, you’ll want to read the rest of the article for a more comprehensive review of Coinmama.
Pros Buy Coinmama Carding
- simple and easy to use
- Access to 10 most-popular cryptocurrencies
- buy and sell crypto instantly with credit and debit cards
- variety of payment options
- High spending limits
- Higher transaction fees
- supports only 10 cryptocurrencies
- no built-in crypto wallet
- no crypto-to-crypto transactions
What is Coinmama?
Coinmama offers access to 10 cryptocurrencies that include major coins as well as less common ones. These cryptocurrencies include Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash(BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Tezos (XTZ), Chainlink (LINK) and Uniswap (UNI.)
Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies using fiat currency, which is sent directly to your personal wallet. Coinmama accepts USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, and JPY as fiat currencies.
The minimum amount to buy on Coinmama is $30, while the minimum amount to sell is $100.
Fees for buy transactions can range from 2.38% to 3.83%, while sell transaction fees generally range from 0.91% to 1.87%.
What’s great about Coinmama
User-friendly, simple platform
If you’re a beginner to the world of cryptocurrency, then you might have experienced being overwhelmed by the complicated charts and data in other exchange platforms.
Coinmama makes the process less confusing through an easy to use interface and simple design. Anyone can start buying crypto even without experience or a lot of knowledge about the different currencies.
After you have created an account and been verified, it is easy to purchase on the platform. Transactions are processed within days after payment has been made.
Instantly buy and sell crypto
Coinmama is the fastest way to buy cryptocurrency. Unlike other crypto exchanges that require you to deposit fiat currency first before you can buy crypto, you can select the crypto that you want then pay during checkout, just like any online shopping experience. The crypto will then be sent directly to your external wallet.
You can simply transfer funds to Coinmama from an external wallet. The funds from the sale are then sent to your bank account. This transaction flow is simple and saves time, making it more convenient for users.
Multiple payment options
You can pay with credit cards, bank transfers, debit cards and Apple Pay. Coinmama is the first cryptocurrency exchange to accept credit and debit cards. This is in contrast to other exchanges that do not support card payments. You can purchase digital currency with any Visa, Mastercard debit or credit card or Apple Pay, SEPA Bank Transfer in Europe, SWIFT within the U.K. or wire transfer (outside Europe and the U.K.).
Coinmama offers a loyalty program where you can take advantage of reduced rates and save money. The fees will be reduced the more you sell or buy over a 90-day period. We will talk more about Coinmama fees later, but for now, these are the three loyalty levels.
- Crypto Curious – the initial level for all new users.
- Crypto Enthusiast – a level that you can reach if you have made a minimum of $5 000 USD in cumulative purchases over a rolling 90 day period. Fees for buy transactions are reduced to 3.34% and selling transaction fees are now 3.41%.
- Crypto Believer – fees for buying are reduced to 2.86% and selling fees are now just 2.93% when you’ve made a cumulative purchase amount of $18 000 USD over a rolling 90-day period, or a lifetime purchase amount above $50 000 USD. This level will allow you to save 25% on the final cost of crypto.
Coinmama lets you spend up to 30,000 dollars at once, which is more than any other cryptocurrency exchanges. In other platforms, there can be some issues when buying large amounts of crypto, which is not the case with Coinmama.Your personal limit also increases as you buy more on the platform. Your verification level determines your personal limit. These are the verification levels.
- Level 1: Monthly buy or sell limit is $15,000 over 50 orders.
- Level 2: Monthly buy or sell limit is $50,000 over 50 orders.
- Level 3: Monthly buy or sell limit is $100,000 over 50 orders.
The Downsides of Coinmama
Higher transaction fees
Compared to other crypto exchanges, Coinmama’s fees are higher at 3.81% for buying and 3.90% for selling. You can take advantage of their loyalty program, which offers lower rates. As you buy more crypto on the platform, your fees will decrease.
There is no crypto wallet
Coinmama does not have a crypto wallet that you can use to store your coins. Coinmama will simply send coins to an external wallet that you own. To store the cryptocurrencies that you purchase, you will need to create your own wallet.
An online wallet can be found easily through third-party providers. Upon purchasing or selling on Coinmama, you simply need to share your wallet address, which is a string of numbers that serve as a “public key” for your wallet.
This is great because Coinmama does not store your funds, or your payment information. This means that your personal information and funds are not available on the site. To avoid having your funds sent to the wrong address, be sure to enter your wallet address carefully. Coinmama can’t retrieve funds if you make a mistake because transactions on blockchain are irreversible.
There are no crypto-to-crypto transactions
Coinmama does not offer crypto-to-crypto trading. This means that you can only use fiat currencies such as USD and GBP to buy crypto. Also, it doesn’t allow trades between sellers and buyers. All the cryptocurrencies that are sold by Coinmama come from its inventory. The transaction is between the buyer and seller.
There are only a few cryptocurrencies
The small selection of currencies can be quite limited compared to other exchange platforms that have over 50 currencies. Coinmama does support a variety of major coins, so if you are only interested in bitcoin or ethereum it may not be a problem.
What does Coinmama do?
Coinmama is an intuitive and simple exchange platform.
Once you have set up your account, and been verified, you are able to immediately begin buying and selling. Unlike other exchanges that require you to pre-fund your account, there is no need for you to do so. You will only need to deposit fiat currency first, then buy crypto and then transfer the funds into an external wallet.
Here, you make your payment only at the time of purchase, then Coinmama sends the coins directly to your wallet.
To buy cryptocurrency, simply click Buy and select the coin you want to purchase. You will see options with exchange rates listed in your local currency. Click on the amount that you wish to buy and then click on Buy Now. To complete your transaction, enter your payment method. Payment methods include credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, or bank transfer. Within an hour, your purchases will be in your personal wallet.
To sell, simply select the “sell” option, and then enter the amount that you wish to sell. Transfer the coins from your external wallet to Coinmama using a wallet address or a QR code. After a few days, the fiat money from the sale should be in your bank account. You should note, however, that only Bitcoin is supported and can only be sold in Europe.
Again, what’s great about Coinmama is that it’s non-custodial, so it never holds customer cryptocurrency funds, nor stores your payment information. You will always have complete control over your funds, making it a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
Overview of Fees
Like other cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinmama sets their own transaction rates based on an index called TradeBlock XBX which averages the rates of all known providers to track a market rate. This index is used to calculate Coinmama’s rate plus 2%.
Coinmama charges a starting fee for buying at 3.81% and 3.90% for selling. However, the buy or sell fees depend on your loyalty level. You get reduced fees as you buy and sell through their loyalty program, over a rolling 90-day period.
Other fees are commission, credit card fees, and bank transfer fees.
For crypto purchases, the commission fee can be up to 3.81% and up to 0.9% for bitcoin sales.
Payment fees vary depending on payment method, with an additional 5% for purchases made by credit card, debit card, Google Pay or Apple Pay. Payments made via Fedwire, SEPA, SWIFT, Open Banking, and SWIFT are free. Buy Coinmama Carding
SWIFT bank transfers (the required method for all transactions from U.S. banks) that are below $1000 are charged 20 British pounds while transfers of $1000 or more are free of charge.
- You’re brand new to cryptocurrency
- You want to be able to easily use fiat currency to purchase crypto, which you can then use to trade on other crypto exchanges
- You want to purchase crypto with a credit or debit card
- You are interested in trading with only a handful of currencies, such as bitcoin and ethereum
- You’re located in Europe or the U.K. (where features will not be as limited).
- You want an easy-to-use and convenient crypto exchange platform
Coinmama is a platform that makes it easy to buy and sell crypto. It has an easy to use interface and simple transaction process. This can be attractive to those who are new to the world of crypto trading. Buy Coinmama Carding
It is a simple, straightforward cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows you to access most of the most widely used currencies in an easy and convenient way. Although it has higher fees than some other providers, the fees are reduced the more crypto that you buy or sell on the platform.
Although Coinmama is not as feature-rich as other cryptocurrency exchanges, it does offer other benefits such as the convenience of debit or credit card payments, the ability to instantly buy and trade crypto, high spending limits and loyalty programs, as well as the safe and secure way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
FAQS Buy Coinmama Carding
- What is a Cryptocurrency Exchange?
- A cryptocurrency exchange allows you to convert digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and other currencies to fiat (paper) currency or any other digital currency.
- How long does it take for Coinmama to send my bitcoins once I’ve paid?
- Coinmama will send the coins to your wallet within one hour of your payment and wallet address being confirmed.
- What methods of payment does Coinmama offer?
- You can buy cryptocurrencies at Coinmama with a credit card, debit card or by bank wire transfer.
- Is Coinmama safe?
- Yes, Coinmama is safe, because it is a non-custodial crypto broker. Your funds are immediately sent to your personal wallet after you have purchased it. They are never stored online in your Coinmama accounts.
- Is Coinmama legitimate?
- Yes. Coinmama is a trusted and legitimate cryptocurrency broker. It has been trusted by more than 3,000,000 people in 188 countries since 2013.