Coinmama is a crypto exchange platform that offers a safe and quick way to buy and sell the most popular cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2013, it was the first exchange platform that allowed purchases with a credit card.
It’s perfect for beginners due to its simple and user-friendly interface. It is easy to purchase crypto using fiat currency (paper money), which then goes directly into your personal wallet. This gives you full control over your funds. Other attractive features are the multiple payment options, high spending limits, loyalty program, and more.
This review will cover the basics of what you need to know about Coinmama. Read on to find out if Coinmama is right for you.
Before you go on, you may want to check out this video by Bitcoin Made Easy on YouTube that gives a quick overview. After, you will want to read the rest of our article for a more comprehensive review.
Pros Coinmama Available In New York
- It’s simple and straightforward to use
- offers access to 10 of the most popular cryptocurrencies
- buy and sell crypto instantly with credit and debit cards
- variety of payment options
- High spending limits
- higher transaction fees
- supports only 10 cryptocurrencies
- No built-in cryptocurrency wallet
- No crypto-to-crypto transaction
What is Coinmama?
Coinmama gives you access to 10 cryptocurrencies, including major and less-known coins. The 10 cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Tezos (XTZ), Chainlink (LINK), and Uniswap (UNI).
Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies using fiat currency, which is sent directly to your personal wallet. Coinmama accepts USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, and JPY as fiat currencies.
Coinmama allows you to buy as little as $30 and sell as much at $100.
Buy transaction fees can be as low as 2.38% or as high at 3.83%. Sell transaction fees range from 0.91% up to 1.87%.
Why you should use Coinmama
Simple, user-friendly platform
You might feel overwhelmed by complex charts and data on other cryptocurrency exchanges if you are a beginner.
Coinmama simplifies the process with its simple interface and design. Even if you don’t have any experience with crypto, anyone can buy it.
After you have created an account and been verified, it is easy to purchase on the platform. After payment is made, transactions are settled within a couple of days.
Instantly buy and sell crypto
Coinmama is the fastest way to buy cryptocurrency. Unlike other crypto exchanges that require you to deposit fiat currency first before you can buy crypto, you can select the crypto that you want then pay during checkout, just like any online shopping experience. The crypto will then be sent directly to your external wallet.
When selling crypto, you simply transfer funds from your external wallet to Coinmama, then the funds from the sale are sent directly to your bank account. This transaction flow is simple and saves time, making it more convenient for users.
Variety of payment options
Payment options include credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and bank transfer. Coinmama is the first cryptocurrency exchange to accept credit and debit cards. This is in contrast to other exchanges that do not support card payments. You can purchase digital currency with any Visa, Mastercard debit or credit card or Apple Pay, SEPA Bank Transfer in Europe, SWIFT within the U.K. or wire transfer (outside Europe and the U.K.).
Coinmama has a loyalty program that allows you to take advantage of lower rates and save money. The fees will be reduced the more you sell or buy over a 90-day period. We will talk more about Coinmama fees later, but for now, these are the three loyalty levels.
- Crypto Curious – the initial level, applies to all new users.
- Crypto Enthusiast – you reach this level when you’ve made a minimum cumulative purchase amount of $5 000 USD over a rolling 90-day period. The fees for buying transactions have been reduced to 3.34%, while the selling transaction fees have been lowered to 3.41%.
- Crypto Believer – fees for buying are reduced to 2.86% and selling fees are now just 2.93% when you’ve made a cumulative purchase amount of $18 000 USD over a rolling 90-day period, or a lifetime purchase amount above $50 000 USD. At this level, you can save 25% on the final price of crypto.
Coinmama lets you spend up to 30,000 dollars at once, which is more than any other cryptocurrency exchanges. Coinmama is different from other platforms. You can have issues buying large amounts of crypto in other platforms but not in Coinmama. Your personal limit increases as you make more purchases on the platform. Your verification level determines your personal limit. Here are the verification levels:
- Level 1: Monthly buy or sell limit is $15,000 over 50 orders.
- Level 2: Monthly buy or sell limit is $50,000 over 50 orders.
- Level 3: The monthly buy-or-sell limit is $100,000 for orders greater than 50
The Downsides of Coinmama
Transaction fees are higher
Compared to other crypto exchanges, Coinmama’s fees are higher at 3.81% for buying and 3.90% for selling. You can take advantage of their loyalty program, which offers lower rates. The fees go down as you purchase more crypto on the platform.
No crypto wallet
Coinmama doesn’t have a built-in crypto wallet where you can store your coins. Coinmama will only send your coins to an external wallet you have. To store the cryptocurrencies that you purchase, you will need to create your own wallet.
You can easily find an online wallet through a third-party provider. You simply need to share your wallet address with Coinmama when you purchase or sell coins. This is a string of numbers that serves as a “public key” for your wallet.
This is great because Coinmama does not store your funds, or your payment information. This means that your personal information and funds are not available on the site. Just be careful when entering your wallet address to avoid sending your funds to the wrong address. Coinmama can’t retrieve funds if you make a mistake because transactions on blockchain are irreversible.
There are no crypto-to-crypto transactions
Coinmama does not offer crypto-to-crypto trading. This means that you can only use fiat currencies such as USD and GBP to buy crypto. It also doesn’t facilitate trades between buyers and sellers. All cryptocurrencies sold are from Coinmama’s inventory, so the transaction is purely between you and the company.
Limited number of cryptocurrencies
The small selection of currencies can be quite limited compared to other exchange platforms that have over 50 currencies. Coinmama does support a variety of major coins, so if you are only interested in bitcoin or ethereum it may not be a problem.
How does Coinmama work?
Coinmama is an easy to use, straightforward exchange platform.
After setting up your account and getting verified, you can immediately start buying and selling. Unlike other exchanges that require you to pre-fund your account, there is no need for you to do so. You will only need to deposit fiat currency first, then buy crypto and then transfer the funds into an external wallet.
Here, you make your payment only at the time of purchase, then Coinmama sends the coins directly to your wallet.
Click Buy to buy cryptocurrency. There will be options for exchange rates in your local currency. Select the amount you want to purchase then click Buy Now. Enter your payment method and wallet address to complete your transaction. You can pay by credit card, bank transfer, debit card or Apple Pay. Within an hour, your purchases will be in your personal wallet.
To sell, simply select the “sell” option, and then enter the amount that you wish to sell. You can transfer the coins from an external wallet to Coinmama by using a wallet address, or a QR code. After a few days, the fiat money from the sale should be in your bank account. You should note, however, that only Bitcoin is supported and can only be sold in Europe.
Coinmama’s advantage is that it’s non- custodial. It doesn’t hold customer cryptocurrency funds nor store your payment information. You will always have complete control over your funds, making it a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
Overview of Fees
Coinmama, like other cryptocurrency exchanges, sets its own transaction rates based upon an index called TradeBlock XBX. This averages all the rates from known providers to track a market price. This index is used to calculate Coinmama’s rate plus 2%.
Coinmama’s starting fees for buying is 3.81% while for selling is 3.90%. However, the buy or sell fees depend on your loyalty level. Over a rolling 90 day period, you will receive reduced fees when you sell or buy through their loyalty program.
Other fees include commission, bank transfer fees, and credit card fees.
The commission fee is up to 3.81% on crypto purchases and up to 0.9% to sell bitcoin.
There are different payment fees depending on the method used to make purchases. For example, purchases made with a credit card, debit card, Google Pay, or Apple Pay will incur an additional 5%. Payments made via Fedwire, SEPA, SWIFT, Open Banking, and SWIFT are free. Coinmama Available In New York
SWIFT bank transfers (the required method for all transactions from U.S. banks) that are below $1000 are charged 20 British pounds while transfers of $1000 or more are free of charge.
- You’re brand new to cryptocurrency
- You want an easy way to use fiat currency to buy crypto that you can use for trading on other crypto exchanges
- You want to purchase crypto with a credit or debit card
- You’re interested in trading only with a few select currencies such as bitcoin or ethereum
- You’re located in Europe or the U.K. (where features will not be as limited).
- You want an easy-to-use and convenient crypto exchange platform
Coinmama is a platform that makes it easy to buy and sell crypto. It has an easy to use interface and simple transaction process. This can be attractive to those who are new to the world of crypto trading. Coinmama Available In New York
It’s a no-fuss, basic cryptocurrency exchange platform that lets you access the most popular currencies in a convenient and simple way. Although it has higher fees than some other providers, the fees are reduced the more crypto that you buy or sell on the platform.
Coinmama may not be as feature-packed as other cryptocurrency exchange platforms out there, but it offers other advantages such as a convenient debit or credit card payment option, the ability to buy and sell crypto instantly, high spending limits, a loyalty program, and a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
FAQS Coinmama Available In New York
- What is a Cryptocurrency exchange?
- A cryptocurrency exchange allows you to convert digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and other currencies to fiat (paper) currency or any other digital currency.
- What is the time it takes for Coinmama, once I have paid, to send my Bitcoins?
- Coinmama will send the coins to your wallet within one hour of your payment and wallet address being confirmed.
- What methods of payment does Coinmama offer?
- Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies with a debit card, credit card or bank wire transfer.
- Is Coinmama safe?
- Yes, Coinmama is safe, because it is a non-custodial crypto broker. This means your funds are sent directly to your personal wallet once you purchase it, and are never held online in your Coinmama account.
- Is Coinmama legitimate?
- Yes. Coinmama is a trusted and legitimate cryptocurrency broker. It has been trusted by more than 3,000,000 people in 188 countries since 2013.