Coinmama, a cryptocurrency exchange platform, offers a fast and safe way to purchase and sell most of the most popular cryptos. Founded in 2013, it was the first exchange platform that allowed purchases with a credit card.
Because of its easy-to-use interface, it’s great for beginners. It is easy to purchase crypto using fiat currency (paper money), which then goes directly into your personal wallet. This gives you full control over your funds. You will also find attractive features like multiple payment options and high spending limits.
This review will cover the basics of what you need to know about Coinmama. Read on to find out if Coinmama is right for you.
Before you go on, you may want to check out this video by Bitcoin Made Easy on YouTube that gives a quick overview. Afterward, you will want to read the rest of the article for a more comprehensive review of Coinmama.
Pros Coinmama Connection Failed
- It’s simple and straightforward to use
- offers access to 10 of the most popular cryptocurrencies
- buy and sell crypto instantly with credit and debit cards
- variety of payment options
- High spending limits
- higher transaction fees
- supports only 10 cryptocurrencies
- no built-in crypto wallet
- No crypto-to-crypto transaction
What is Coinmama?
Coinmama offers access to 10 cryptocurrencies that include major coins as well as less common ones. These cryptocurrencies include Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash(BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Tezos (XTZ), Chainlink (LINK) and Uniswap (UNI.)
Coinmama lets you buy cryptocurrencies with fiat currency. This money is then sent to your wallet directly. The fiat currencies accepted by Coinmama are USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, and JPY.
Coinmama allows you to buy as little as $30 and sell as much at $100.
Buy transaction fees can be as low as 2.38% or as high at 3.83%. Sell transaction fees range from 0.91% up to 1.87%.
Why you should use Coinmama
User-friendly, simple platform
You might feel overwhelmed by complex charts and data on other cryptocurrency exchanges if you are a beginner.
Coinmama simplifies the process with its simple interface and design. Even if you don’t have any experience with crypto, anyone can buy it.
Once you set up an account and get verified, purchasing on the platform is a pretty straightforward process. Transactions are processed within days after payment has been made.
Instantly buy and sell crypto
Coinmama offers the quickest way to buy cryptocurrency. Unlike other crypto exchanges that require you to deposit fiat currency first before you can buy crypto, you can select the crypto that you want then pay during checkout, just like any online shopping experience. Once you have received the crypto, it will be sent to your external wallet.
You can simply transfer funds to Coinmama from an external wallet. The funds from the sale are then sent to your bank account. This simple transaction flow saves time and is more convenient for the user.
Variety of payment options
You can pay with credit cards, bank transfers, debit cards and Apple Pay. Coinmama is the first cryptocurrency exchange to accept credit and debit cards. This is in contrast to other exchanges that do not support card payments. Digital currency can be purchased with any Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card, or Apple Pay, SEPA bank transfer in Europe, SWIFT in the U.K., or wire transfer (outside of Europe and the U.K.).
Coinmama offers a loyalty program where you can take advantage of reduced rates and save money. The fees will be reduced the more you sell or buy over a 90-day period. We’ll talk more about Coinmama’s fees in the later on, so for now, here are the three loyalty levels:
- Crypto Curious – the initial level, applies to all new users.
- Crypto Enthusiast – you reach this level when you’ve made a minimum cumulative purchase amount of $5 000 USD over a rolling 90-day period. The fees for buying transactions have been reduced to 3.34%, while the selling transaction fees have been lowered to 3.41%.
- Crypto Believer – fees for buying are reduced to 2.86% and selling fees are now just 2.93% when you’ve made a cumulative purchase amount of $18 000 USD over a rolling 90-day period, or a lifetime purchase amount above $50 000 USD. This level will allow you to save 25% on the final cost of crypto.
Coinmama lets you spend up to 30,000 dollars at once, which is more than any other cryptocurrency exchanges. In other platforms, there can be some issues when buying large amounts of crypto, which is not the case with Coinmama.Your personal limit also increases as you buy more on the platform. Your verification level determines your personal limit. Here are the verification levels:
- Level 1: Monthly buy or sell limit of $15,000 for 50 or more orders.
- Level 2: Monthly buy or sell limit is $50,000 over 50 orders.
- Level 3: The monthly buy-or-sell limit is $100,000 for orders greater than 50
The Downsides to Coinmama
Transaction fees are higher
Coinmama’s fees for buying and selling are more expensive than other cryptocurrency exchanges. They charge 3.81% to buy and 3.90% to sell. However, you can take advantage of reduced rates through their loyalty program. As you buy more crypto on the platform, your fees will decrease.
No crypto wallet
Coinmama does not have a crypto wallet that you can use to store your coins. Coinmama will only send your coins to an external wallet you have. To store the cryptocurrencies that you purchase, you will need to create your own wallet.
An online wallet can be found easily through third-party providers. Upon purchasing or selling on Coinmama, you simply need to share your wallet address, which is a string of numbers that serve as a “public key” for your wallet.
An upside to this is that it’s a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency, since Coinmama doesn’t hold your funds or even your payment information on the platform. This means that your personal information and funds are not available on the site. To avoid having your funds sent to the wrong address, be sure to enter your wallet address carefully. Since transactions on blockchain are irreversible, Coinmama won’t be able to retrieve your funds in case of a mistake.
No crypto-to-crypto transactions
Coinmama doesn’t offer crypto-to-crypto trading, which means you can only use fiat currency such as USD or GBP in order to purchase crypto. It also doesn’t facilitate trades between buyers and sellers. All the cryptocurrencies that are sold by Coinmama come from its inventory. The transaction is between the buyer and seller.
There are only a few cryptocurrencies
You may not find as many currencies on Coinmama as you would on other exchange platforms which have more than 50 currencies. However, Coinmama supports a number of major coins so if you’re only interested in the most popular ones such as bitcoin or ethereum, then you may not find it much of an issue.
How does Coinmama work?
Coinmama is an easy to use, straightforward exchange platform.
Once you have set up your account, and been verified, you are able to immediately begin buying and selling. There is no need to pre-fund your account unlike other exchanges, where you will need to first deposit fiat currency into your account, buy crypto, then transfer the funds to your external wallet.
Here, you make your payment only at the time of purchase, then Coinmama sends the coins directly to your wallet.
To buy cryptocurrency, simply click Buy and select the coin you want to purchase. You will see options with exchange rates listed in your local currency. Select the amount you want to purchase then click Buy Now. Enter your payment method and wallet address to complete your transaction. You can pay by credit card, bank transfer, debit card or Apple Pay. Your purchases will go directly into your personal wallet within an hour.
To sell crypto, simply select the “sell” option and enter the amount you want to sell. Transfer the coins from your external wallet to Coinmama using a wallet address or a QR code. After a few days, the fiat money from the sale should be in your bank account. However, take note that the option to sell crypto is only supported for Bitcoin and only in Europe.
Again, what’s great about Coinmama is that it’s non-custodial, so it never holds customer cryptocurrency funds, nor stores your payment information. It will give you complete control of your funds and make it safe to sell or buy cryptocurrency.
Overview of Fees
Like other cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinmama sets their own transaction rates based on an index called TradeBlock XBX which averages the rates of all known providers to track a market rate. Coinmama charges a rate based on this index plus 2%.
Coinmama charges a starting fee for buying at 3.81% and 3.90% for selling. However, the buy or sell fees depend on your loyalty level. You get reduced fees as you buy and sell through their loyalty program, over a rolling 90-day period.
Other fees are commission, credit card fees, and bank transfer fees.
For crypto purchases, the commission fee can be up to 3.81% and up to 0.9% for bitcoin sales.
There are different payment fees depending on the method used to make purchases. For example, purchases made with a credit card, debit card, Google Pay, or Apple Pay will incur an additional 5%. Payments made via Fedwire, SEPA, SWIFT, Open Banking, and SWIFT are free. Coinmama Connection Failed
Transfers to SWIFT banks (the required method for all transactions from U.S. Banks) below $1000 incur 20 British Pounds, while those above $1000 are free.
- You’re new to cryptocurrency
- You want an easy way to use fiat currency to buy crypto that you can use for trading on other crypto exchanges
- You want to buy crypto using a debit or credit card
- You’re interested in trading only with a few select currencies such as bitcoin or ethereum
- You’re located in Europe or the U.K. (where features will not be as limited).
- You want an easy-to-use and convenient crypto exchange platform
Coinmama’s aim is to provide a quick and easy way to buy and sell cryptocurrency through an easy to use interface and simple transaction flow. This is a great option for those new to crypto trading. Coinmama Connection Failed
It’s a no-fuss, basic cryptocurrency exchange platform that lets you access the most popular currencies in a convenient and simple way. Although it has higher fees than some other providers, the fees are reduced the more crypto that you buy or sell on the platform.
Although Coinmama is not as feature-rich as other cryptocurrency exchanges, it does offer other benefits such as the convenience of debit or credit card payments, the ability to instantly buy and trade crypto, high spending limits and loyalty programs, as well as the safe and secure way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
FAQ Coinmama Connection Failed
- What is a Cryptocurrency exchange?
- A cryptocurrency exchange is a service for changing digital currencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more, to fiat (paper) currencies or for other digital currencies.
- How long does it take for Coinmama to send my bitcoins once I’ve paid?
- Coinmama sends the coins to your personal wallet within 1 hour after both your payment and wallet address have been confirmed.
- Which payment methods does Coinmama accept?
- Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies with a debit card, credit card or bank wire transfer.
- Is Coinmama safe?
- Coinmama is non-custodial and therefore safe. Your funds are immediately sent to your personal wallet after you have purchased it. They are never stored online in your Coinmama accounts.
- Is Coinmama legitimate?
- Yes. Coinmama is a legitimate and trustworthy cryptocurrency broker that is trusted by over 3,000,000 people across 188 countries since 2013.