Coinmama is a crypto exchange platform that offers a safe and quick way to buy and sell the most popular cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2013, it was the first exchange platform that allowed purchases with a credit card.
Because of its easy-to-use interface, it’s great for beginners. It is easy to purchase crypto using fiat currency (paper money), which then goes directly into your personal wallet. This gives you full control over your funds. You will also find attractive features like multiple payment options and high spending limits.
This review will cover the basics of what you need to know about Coinmama. Read on to find out if Coinmama is right for you.
Before you continue, you may want to watch this video by Bitcoin Made Easy on YouTube that gives a quick overview. Afterward, you’ll want to read the rest of the article for a more comprehensive review.
Pros Coinmama Helpline Number
- simple and easy to use
- offers access to 10 of the most popular cryptocurrencies
- buy and sell crypto instantly with credit and debit cards
- Multiple payment options
- high spending limits
- Higher transaction fees
- supports only 10 cryptocurrencies
- No built-in cryptocurrency wallet
- No crypto-to-crypto transaction
What is Coinmama?
Coinmama offers access to 10 cryptocurrencies that include major coins as well as less common ones. These cryptocurrencies include Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash(BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Tezos (XTZ), Chainlink (LINK) and Uniswap (UNI.)
Coinmama lets you buy cryptocurrencies with fiat currency. This money is then sent to your wallet directly. The fiat currencies accepted by Coinmama are USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, and JPY.
Coinmama allows you to buy as little as $30 and sell as much at $100.
Fees for buy transactions can range from 2.38% to 3.83%, while sell transaction fees generally range from 0.91% to 1.87%.
Why you should use Coinmama
User-friendly, simple platform
If you’re a beginner to the world of cryptocurrency, then you might have experienced being overwhelmed by the complicated charts and data in other exchange platforms.
Coinmama simplifies the process with its simple interface and design. Anyone can start buying crypto even without experience or a lot of knowledge about the different currencies.
After you have created an account and been verified, it is easy to purchase on the platform. Transactions are processed within days after payment has been made.
Instantly buy and sell crypto
Coinmama is the fastest way to buy cryptocurrency. Unlike other crypto exchanges that require you to deposit fiat currency first before you can buy crypto, you can select the crypto that you want then pay during checkout, just like any online shopping experience. Once you have received the crypto, it will be sent to your external wallet.
You can simply transfer funds to Coinmama from an external wallet. The funds from the sale are then sent to your bank account. This simple transaction flow saves time and is more convenient for the user.
Multiple payment options
Payment options include credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and bank transfer. Coinmama is the first cryptocurrency exchange to accept credit and debit cards. This is in contrast to other exchanges that do not support card payments. You can purchase digital currency with any Visa, Mastercard debit or credit card or Apple Pay, SEPA Bank Transfer in Europe, SWIFT within the U.K. or wire transfer (outside Europe and the U.K.).
Coinmama offers a loyalty program where you can take advantage of reduced rates and save money. The more you buy or sell over a rolling 90-day period, the more the fees are reduced. We will talk more about Coinmama fees later, but for now, these are the three loyalty levels.
- Crypto Curious – the initial level for all new users.
- Crypto Enthusiast – a level that you can reach if you have made a minimum of $5 000 USD in cumulative purchases over a rolling 90 day period. The fees for buying transactions have been reduced to 3.34%, while the selling transaction fees have been lowered to 3.41%.
- Crypto Believer – fees for buying are reduced to 2.86% and selling fees are now just 2.93% when you’ve made a cumulative purchase amount of $18 000 USD over a rolling 90-day period, or a lifetime purchase amount above $50 000 USD. At this level, you can save 25% on the final price of crypto.
Coinmama lets you spend up to 30,000 dollars at once, which is more than any other cryptocurrency exchanges. In other platforms, there can be some issues when buying large amounts of crypto, which is not the case with Coinmama.Your personal limit also increases as you buy more on the platform. Your verification level determines your personal limit. Here are the verification levels:
- Level 1: Monthly buy or sell limit of $15,000 for 50 or more orders.
- Level 2: Monthly buy or sell limit of $50,000 for 50 or more orders.
- Level 3: The monthly buy-or-sell limit is $100,000 for orders greater than 50
The Downsides to Coinmama
Higher transaction fees
Coinmama’s fees for buying and selling are more expensive than other cryptocurrency exchanges. They charge 3.81% to buy and 3.90% to sell. You can take advantage of their loyalty program, which offers lower rates. As you buy more crypto on the platform, your fees will decrease.
There is no crypto wallet
Coinmama doesn’t have a built-in crypto wallet where you can store your coins. Coinmama will simply send coins to an external wallet that you own. This means you need to set up your own personal wallet to store the cryptocurrencies you buy.
An online wallet can be found easily through third-party providers. You simply need to share your wallet address with Coinmama when you purchase or sell coins. This is a string of numbers that serves as a “public key” for your wallet.
An upside to this is that it’s a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency, since Coinmama doesn’t hold your funds or even your payment information on the platform. This means that your personal information and funds are not available on the site. To avoid having your funds sent to the wrong address, be sure to enter your wallet address carefully. Since transactions on blockchain are irreversible, Coinmama won’t be able to retrieve your funds in case of a mistake.
No crypto-to-crypto transactions
Coinmama does not offer crypto-to-crypto trading. This means that you can only use fiat currencies such as USD and GBP to buy crypto. Also, it doesn’t allow trades between sellers and buyers. All cryptocurrencies sold are from Coinmama’s inventory, so the transaction is purely between you and the company.
Limited number of cryptocurrencies
The small selection of currencies can be quite limited compared to other exchange platforms that have over 50 currencies. Coinmama does support a variety of major coins, so if you are only interested in bitcoin or ethereum it may not be a problem.
How does Coinmama work?
Coinmama is an intuitive and simple exchange platform.
After setting up your account and getting verified, you can immediately start buying and selling. There is no need to pre-fund your account unlike other exchanges, where you will need to first deposit fiat currency into your account, buy crypto, then transfer the funds to your external wallet.
You pay only once at the time you purchase. Then Coinmama will send the coins to your wallet.
Click Buy to buy cryptocurrency. You will see options with exchange rates listed in your local currency. Click on the amount that you wish to buy and then click on Buy Now. Enter your payment method and wallet address to complete your transaction. You can pay by credit card, bank transfer, debit card or Apple Pay. Within an hour, your purchases will be in your personal wallet.
To sell crypto, simply select the “sell” option and enter the amount you want to sell. You can transfer the coins from an external wallet to Coinmama by using a wallet address, or a QR code. After a few days, the fiat money from the sale should be in your bank account. You should note, however, that only Bitcoin is supported and can only be sold in Europe.
Again, what’s great about Coinmama is that it’s non-custodial, so it never holds customer cryptocurrency funds, nor stores your payment information. You will always have complete control over your funds, making it a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
Overview of Fees
Like other cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinmama sets their own transaction rates based on an index called TradeBlock XBX which averages the rates of all known providers to track a market rate. This index is used to calculate Coinmama’s rate plus 2%.
Coinmama’s starting fees for buying is 3.81% while for selling is 3.90%. However, the buy or sell fees depend on your loyalty level. You get reduced fees as you buy and sell through their loyalty program, over a rolling 90-day period.
Other fees are commission, credit card fees, and bank transfer fees.
The commission fee is up to 3.81% on crypto purchases and up to 0.9% to sell bitcoin.
There are different payment fees depending on the method used to make purchases. For example, purchases made with a credit card, debit card, Google Pay, or Apple Pay will incur an additional 5%. Payments made through Fedwire, SEPA, SWIFT, Open Banking are free of charge. Coinmama Helpline Number
Transfers to SWIFT banks (the required method for all transactions from U.S. Banks) below $1000 incur 20 British Pounds, while those above $1000 are free.
- You’re new to cryptocurrency
- You want to be able to easily use fiat currency to purchase crypto, which you can then use to trade on other crypto exchanges
- You want to purchase crypto with a credit or debit card
- You are interested in trading with only a handful of currencies, such as bitcoin and ethereum
- You’re located in Europe or the U.K. (where features will not be as limited).
- You want an easy-to-use and convenient crypto exchange platform
Coinmama’s aim is to provide a quick and easy way to buy and sell cryptocurrency through an easy to use interface and simple transaction flow. This can be attractive to those who are new to the world of crypto trading. Coinmama Helpline Number
It is a simple, straightforward cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows you to access most of the most widely used currencies in an easy and convenient way. It has higher fees than other providers, however, these fees are reduced the more crypto you buy and sell on the platform.
Coinmama may not be as feature-packed as other cryptocurrency exchange platforms out there, but it offers other advantages such as a convenient debit or credit card payment option, the ability to buy and sell crypto instantly, high spending limits, a loyalty program, and a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
FAQ Coinmama Helpline Number
- What is a Cryptocurrency exchange?
- A cryptocurrency exchange is a service for changing digital currencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more, to fiat (paper) currencies or for other digital currencies.
- How long does it take for Coinmama to send my bitcoins once I’ve paid?
- Coinmama sends the coins to your personal wallet within 1 hour after both your payment and wallet address have been confirmed.
- What methods of payment does Coinmama offer?
- Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies with a debit card, credit card or bank wire transfer.
- Is Coinmama safe?
- Yes, Coinmama is safe, because it is a non-custodial crypto broker. Your funds are immediately sent to your personal wallet after you have purchased it. They are never stored online in your Coinmama accounts.
- Is Coinmama legitimate?
- Yes. Coinmama is a trusted and legitimate cryptocurrency broker. It has been trusted by more than 3,000,000 people in 188 countries since 2013.