Coinmama, a cryptocurrency exchange platform, offers a fast and safe way to purchase and sell most of the most popular cryptos. It was founded in 2013 and the first platform to allow purchases using a credit card.
Because of its easy-to-use interface, it’s great for beginners. You can easily purchase crypto using fiat (paper) currency, which then goes directly to your personal wallet, allowing you complete control over your funds. You will also find attractive features like multiple payment options and high spending limits.
This review will provide a basic overview of Coinmama. Read on to find out if Coinmama is right for you.
Before you continue, you may want to watch this video by Bitcoin Made Easy on YouTube that gives a quick review. Afterward, you’ll want to read the rest of the article for a more comprehensive review.
Pros Coinmama Is Slow
- It’s simple and straightforward to use
- Access to 10 most-popular cryptocurrencies
- Buy and Sell Cryptocurrency Instantly with Credit and Debit Cards
- Multiple payment options
- high spending limits
- Higher transaction fees
- supports only 10 cryptocurrencies
- No built-in cryptocurrency wallet
- No crypto-to-crypto transaction
What is Coinmama?
Coinmama gives you access to 10 cryptocurrencies, including major and less-known coins. These cryptocurrencies include Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash(BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Tezos (XTZ), Chainlink (LINK) and Uniswap (UNI.)
Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies using fiat currency, which is sent directly to your personal wallet. The fiat currencies accepted by Coinmama are USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, and JPY.
The minimum amount to buy on Coinmama is $30, while the minimum amount to sell is $100.
Buy transaction fees can be as low as 2.38% or as high at 3.83%. Sell transaction fees range from 0.91% up to 1.87%.
What’s great about Coinmama
User-friendly, simple platform
If you’re a beginner to the world of cryptocurrency, then you might have experienced being overwhelmed by the complicated charts and data in other exchange platforms.
Coinmama simplifies the process with its simple interface and design. Even if you don’t have any experience with crypto, anyone can buy it.
After you have created an account and been verified, it is easy to purchase on the platform. After payment is made, transactions are settled within a couple of days.
Instantly buy and sell crypto
Coinmama offers the quickest way to buy cryptocurrency. Unlike other crypto exchanges that require you to deposit fiat currency first before you can buy crypto, you can select the crypto that you want then pay during checkout, just like any online shopping experience. Once you have received the crypto, it will be sent to your external wallet.
You can simply transfer funds to Coinmama from an external wallet. The funds from the sale are then sent to your bank account. This transaction flow is simple and saves time, making it more convenient for users.
Multiple payment options
Payment options include credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and bank transfer. Coinmama is the first cryptocurrency exchange to accept credit and debit cards. This is in contrast to other exchanges that do not support card payments. Digital currency can be purchased with any Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card, or Apple Pay, SEPA bank transfer in Europe, SWIFT in the U.K., or wire transfer (outside of Europe and the U.K.).
Coinmama has a loyalty program that allows you to take advantage of lower rates and save money. The fees will be reduced the more you sell or buy over a 90-day period. We will talk more about Coinmama fees later, but for now, these are the three loyalty levels.
- Crypto Curious – the initial level, applies to all new users.
- Crypto Enthusiast – you reach this level when you’ve made a minimum cumulative purchase amount of $5 000 USD over a rolling 90-day period. Fees for buy transactions are reduced to 3.34% and selling transaction fees are now 3.41%.
- Crypto Believer – Buying fees have been reduced to 2.86%, and selling fees are now only 2.93% if you have made cumulative purchases of $18 000 USD in a rolling 90-day period or more than $50 000 USD. This level will allow you to save 25% on the final cost of crypto.
Coinmama allows you to spend up to 30,000 USD at a time, which is higher than other crypto exchanges. In other platforms, there can be some issues when buying large amounts of crypto, which is not the case with Coinmama.Your personal limit also increases as you buy more on the platform. Your verification level determines your personal limit. These are the verification levels.
- Level 1: Monthly buy or sell limit is $15,000 over 50 orders.
- Level 2: Monthly buy or sell limit of $50,000 for 50 or more orders.
- Level 3: The monthly buy-or-sell limit is $100,000 for orders greater than 50
The Downsides of Coinmama
Higher transaction fees
Coinmama’s fees for buying and selling are more expensive than other cryptocurrency exchanges. They charge 3.81% to buy and 3.90% to sell. You can take advantage of their loyalty program, which offers lower rates. As you buy more crypto on the platform, your fees will decrease.
No crypto wallet
Coinmama doesn’t have a built-in crypto wallet where you can store your coins. Coinmama will simply send coins to an external wallet that you own. To store the cryptocurrencies that you purchase, you will need to create your own wallet.
An online wallet can be found easily through third-party providers. Upon purchasing or selling on Coinmama, you simply need to share your wallet address, which is a string of numbers that serve as a “public key” for your wallet.
This is great because Coinmama does not store your funds, or your payment information. This means your funds or personal information aren’t available on the site to be hacked. Just be careful when entering your wallet address to avoid sending your funds to the wrong address. Since transactions on blockchain are irreversible, Coinmama won’t be able to retrieve your funds in case of a mistake.
No crypto-to-crypto transactions
Coinmama does not offer crypto-to-crypto trading. This means that you can only use fiat currencies such as USD and GBP to buy crypto. It also doesn’t facilitate trades between buyers and sellers. All cryptocurrencies sold are from Coinmama’s inventory, so the transaction is purely between you and the company.
There are only a few cryptocurrencies
The small selection of currencies can be quite limited compared to other exchange platforms that have over 50 currencies. However, Coinmama supports a number of major coins so if you’re only interested in the most popular ones such as bitcoin or ethereum, then you may not find it much of an issue.
How does Coinmama work?
Coinmama is an intuitive and simple exchange platform.
After setting up your account and getting verified, you can immediately start buying and selling. There is no need to pre-fund your account unlike other exchanges, where you will need to first deposit fiat currency into your account, buy crypto, then transfer the funds to your external wallet.
Here, you make your payment only at the time of purchase, then Coinmama sends the coins directly to your wallet.
Click Buy to buy cryptocurrency. You will see options with exchange rates listed in your local currency. Click on the amount that you wish to buy and then click on Buy Now. Enter your payment method and wallet address to complete your transaction. Payment methods include credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, or bank transfer. Within an hour, your purchases will be in your personal wallet.
To sell crypto, simply select the “sell” option and enter the amount you want to sell. You can transfer the coins from an external wallet to Coinmama by using a wallet address, or a QR code. After a few days, the fiat money from the sale should be in your bank account. However, take note that the option to sell crypto is only supported for Bitcoin and only in Europe.
Coinmama’s advantage is that it’s non- custodial. It doesn’t hold customer cryptocurrency funds nor store your payment information. It will give you complete control of your funds and make it safe to sell or buy cryptocurrency.
Overview of Fees
Coinmama, like other cryptocurrency exchanges, sets its own transaction rates based upon an index called TradeBlock XBX. This averages all the rates from known providers to track a market price. This index is used to calculate Coinmama’s rate plus 2%.
Coinmama charges a starting fee for buying at 3.81% and 3.90% for selling. However, the buy or sell fees depend on your loyalty level. You get reduced fees as you buy and sell through their loyalty program, over a rolling 90-day period.
Other fees include commission, bank transfer fees, and credit card fees.
For crypto purchases, the commission fee can be up to 3.81% and up to 0.9% for bitcoin sales.
There are different payment fees depending on the method used to make purchases. For example, purchases made with a credit card, debit card, Google Pay, or Apple Pay will incur an additional 5%. Payments made via Fedwire, SEPA, SWIFT, Open Banking, and SWIFT are free. Coinmama Is Slow
SWIFT bank transfers (the required method for all transactions from U.S. banks) that are below $1000 are charged 20 British pounds while transfers of $1000 or more are free of charge.
- You’re brand new to cryptocurrency
- You want an easy way to use fiat currency to buy crypto that you can use for trading on other crypto exchanges
- You want to purchase crypto with a credit or debit card
- You are interested in trading with only a handful of currencies, such as bitcoin and ethereum
- You’re located in Europe or the U.K. (where features will not be as limited).
- You want an easy-to-use and convenient crypto exchange platform
Coinmama is a platform that makes it easy to buy and sell crypto. It has an easy to use interface and simple transaction process. This is a great option for those new to crypto trading. Coinmama Is Slow
It is a simple, straightforward cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows you to access most of the most widely used currencies in an easy and convenient way. Although it has higher fees than some other providers, the fees are reduced the more crypto that you buy or sell on the platform.
Although Coinmama is not as feature-rich as other cryptocurrency exchanges, it does offer other benefits such as the convenience of debit or credit card payments, the ability to instantly buy and trade crypto, high spending limits and loyalty programs, as well as the safe and secure way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
FAQ Coinmama Is Slow
- What is a Cryptocurrency exchange?
- A cryptocurrency exchange is a service for changing digital currencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more, to fiat (paper) currencies or for other digital currencies.
- How long does it take for Coinmama to send my bitcoins once I’ve paid?
- Coinmama will send the coins to your wallet within one hour of your payment and wallet address being confirmed.
- What methods of payment does Coinmama offer?
- Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies with a debit card, credit card or bank wire transfer.
- Is Coinmama safe?
- Yes, Coinmama is safe, because it is a non-custodial crypto broker. Your funds are immediately sent to your personal wallet after you have purchased it. They are never stored online in your Coinmama accounts.
- Is Coinmama legitimate?
- Yes. Coinmama is a legitimate and trustworthy cryptocurrency broker that is trusted by over 3,000,000 people across 188 countries since 2013.