Coinmama, a cryptocurrency exchange platform, offers a fast and safe way to purchase and sell most of the most popular cryptos. Founded in 2013, it was the first exchange platform that allowed purchases with a credit card.
Because of its easy-to-use interface, it’s great for beginners. You can easily purchase crypto using fiat (paper) currency, which then goes directly to your personal wallet, allowing you complete control over your funds. Other attractive features are the multiple payment options, high spending limits, loyalty program, and more.
This review will provide a basic overview of Coinmama. Read on to find out if Coinmama is right for you.
Before you continue, you may want to watch this video by Bitcoin Made Easy on YouTube that gives a quick review. Afterward, you will want to read the rest of our article for a more comprehensive review.
Pros Debit Card Not Working Coinmama
- simple and easy to use
- offers access to 10 of the most popular cryptocurrencies
- Buy and Sell Cryptocurrency Instantly with Credit and Debit Cards
- Multiple payment options
- high spending limits
- Higher transaction fees
- Only 10 cryptocurrencies supported
- no built-in crypto wallet
- No crypto-to-crypto transaction
What is Coinmama?
Coinmama gives you access to 10 cryptocurrencies, including major and less-known coins. The 10 cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Tezos (XTZ), Chainlink (LINK), and Uniswap (UNI).
Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies using fiat currency, which is sent directly to your personal wallet. Coinmama accepts USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, and JPY as fiat currencies.
Coinmama allows you to buy as little as $30 and sell as much at $100.
Buy transaction fees can be as low as 2.38% or as high at 3.83%. Sell transaction fees range from 0.91% up to 1.87%.
What’s great about Coinmama
User-friendly, simple platform
If you’re a beginner to the world of cryptocurrency, then you might have experienced being overwhelmed by the complicated charts and data in other exchange platforms.
Coinmama simplifies the process with its simple interface and design. Even if you don’t have any experience with crypto, anyone can buy it.
After you have created an account and been verified, it is easy to purchase on the platform. Transactions are processed within days after payment has been made.
Buy and sell crypto instantly
Coinmama offers the quickest way to buy cryptocurrency. Unlike other crypto exchanges that require you to deposit fiat currency first before you can buy crypto, you can select the crypto that you want then pay during checkout, just like any online shopping experience. The crypto will then be sent directly to your external wallet.
When selling crypto, you simply transfer funds from your external wallet to Coinmama, then the funds from the sale are sent directly to your bank account. This transaction flow is simple and saves time, making it more convenient for users.
Variety of payment options
You can pay with credit cards, bank transfers, debit cards and Apple Pay. Coinmama is the first cryptocurrency exchange to accept credit and debit cards. This is in contrast to other exchanges that do not support card payments. Digital currency can be purchased with any Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card, or Apple Pay, SEPA bank transfer in Europe, SWIFT in the U.K., or wire transfer (outside of Europe and the U.K.).
Coinmama offers a loyalty program where you can take advantage of reduced rates and save money. The more you buy or sell over a rolling 90-day period, the more the fees are reduced. We’ll talk more about Coinmama’s fees in the later on, so for now, here are the three loyalty levels:
- Crypto Curious – the initial level, applies to all new users.
- Crypto Enthusiast – a level that you can reach if you have made a minimum of $5 000 USD in cumulative purchases over a rolling 90 day period. The fees for buying transactions have been reduced to 3.34%, while the selling transaction fees have been lowered to 3.41%.
- Crypto Believer – Buying fees have been reduced to 2.86%, and selling fees are now only 2.93% if you have made cumulative purchases of $18 000 USD in a rolling 90-day period or more than $50 000 USD. This level will allow you to save 25% on the final cost of crypto.
Coinmama lets you spend up to 30,000 dollars at once, which is more than any other cryptocurrency exchanges. Coinmama is different from other platforms. You can have issues buying large amounts of crypto in other platforms but not in Coinmama. Your personal limit increases as you make more purchases on the platform. Your verification level determines your personal limit. Here are the verification levels:
- Level 1: Monthly buy or sell limit is $15,000 over 50 orders.
- Level 2: Monthly buy or sell limit of $50,000 for 50 or more orders.
- Level 3: The monthly buy-or-sell limit is $100,000 for orders greater than 50
The Downsides to Coinmama
Transaction fees are higher
Coinmama’s fees for buying and selling are more expensive than other cryptocurrency exchanges. They charge 3.81% to buy and 3.90% to sell. You can take advantage of their loyalty program, which offers lower rates. The fees go down as you purchase more crypto on the platform.
No crypto wallet
Coinmama doesn’t have a built-in crypto wallet where you can store your coins. Coinmama will simply send coins to an external wallet that you own. To store the cryptocurrencies that you purchase, you will need to create your own wallet.
You can easily find an online wallet through a third-party provider. You simply need to share your wallet address with Coinmama when you purchase or sell coins. This is a string of numbers that serves as a “public key” for your wallet.
This is great because Coinmama does not store your funds, or your payment information. This means your funds or personal information aren’t available on the site to be hacked. Just be careful when entering your wallet address to avoid sending your funds to the wrong address. Coinmama can’t retrieve funds if you make a mistake because transactions on blockchain are irreversible.
There are no crypto-to-crypto transactions
Coinmama does not offer crypto-to-crypto trading. This means that you can only use fiat currencies such as USD and GBP to buy crypto. It also doesn’t facilitate trades between buyers and sellers. All the cryptocurrencies that are sold by Coinmama come from its inventory. The transaction is between the buyer and seller.
There are only a few cryptocurrencies
The small selection of currencies can be quite limited compared to other exchange platforms that have over 50 currencies. Coinmama does support a variety of major coins, so if you are only interested in bitcoin or ethereum it may not be a problem.
What does Coinmama do?
Coinmama is an intuitive and simple exchange platform.
After setting up your account and getting verified, you can immediately start buying and selling. Unlike other exchanges that require you to pre-fund your account, there is no need for you to do so. You will only need to deposit fiat currency first, then buy crypto and then transfer the funds into an external wallet.
Here, you make your payment only at the time of purchase, then Coinmama sends the coins directly to your wallet.
To buy cryptocurrency, simply click Buy and select the coin you want to purchase. You will see options with exchange rates listed in your local currency. Click on the amount that you wish to buy and then click on Buy Now. To complete your transaction, enter your payment method. You can pay by credit card, bank transfer, debit card or Apple Pay. Within an hour, your purchases will be in your personal wallet.
To sell crypto, simply select the “sell” option and enter the amount you want to sell. Transfer the coins from your external wallet to Coinmama using a wallet address or a QR code. After a few days, the fiat money from the sale should be in your bank account. You should note, however, that only Bitcoin is supported and can only be sold in Europe.
Again, what’s great about Coinmama is that it’s non-custodial, so it never holds customer cryptocurrency funds, nor stores your payment information. You will always have complete control over your funds, making it a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
Overview of Fees
Like other cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinmama sets their own transaction rates based on an index called TradeBlock XBX which averages the rates of all known providers to track a market rate. This index is used to calculate Coinmama’s rate plus 2%.
Coinmama’s starting fees for buying is 3.81% while for selling is 3.90%. The fees for selling or buying depend on your loyalty level. Over a rolling 90 day period, you will receive reduced fees when you sell or buy through their loyalty program.
Other fees include commission, bank transfer fees, and credit card fees.
The commission fee is up to 3.81% on crypto purchases and up to 0.9% to sell bitcoin.
There are different payment fees depending on the method used to make purchases. For example, purchases made with a credit card, debit card, Google Pay, or Apple Pay will incur an additional 5%. Payments made via Fedwire, SEPA, SWIFT, Open Banking, and SWIFT are free. Debit Card Not Working Coinmama
SWIFT bank transfers (the required method for all transactions from U.S. banks) that are below $1000 are charged 20 British pounds while transfers of $1000 or more are free of charge.
- You’re new to cryptocurrency
- You want to be able to easily use fiat currency to purchase crypto, which you can then use to trade on other crypto exchanges
- You want to buy crypto using a debit or credit card
- You’re interested in trading only with a few select currencies such as bitcoin or ethereum
- You’re located in Europe or the U.K. (where features will not be as limited).
- You want a convenient and simple to use crypto exchange platform
Coinmama’s aim is to provide a quick and easy way to buy and sell cryptocurrency through an easy to use interface and simple transaction flow. This can be attractive to those who are new to the world of crypto trading. Debit Card Not Working Coinmama
It’s a no-fuss, basic cryptocurrency exchange platform that lets you access the most popular currencies in a convenient and simple way. It has higher fees than other providers, however, these fees are reduced the more crypto you buy and sell on the platform.
Although Coinmama is not as feature-rich as other cryptocurrency exchanges, it does offer other benefits such as the convenience of debit or credit card payments, the ability to instantly buy and trade crypto, high spending limits and loyalty programs, as well as the safe and secure way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
FAQS Debit Card Not Working Coinmama
- What is a Cryptocurrency exchange?
- A cryptocurrency exchange is a service for changing digital currencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more, to fiat (paper) currencies or for other digital currencies.
- What is the time it takes for Coinmama, once I have paid, to send my Bitcoins?
- Coinmama will send the coins to your wallet within one hour of your payment and wallet address being confirmed.
- What methods of payment does Coinmama offer?
- Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies with a debit card, credit card or bank wire transfer.
- Is Coinmama safe?
- Coinmama is non-custodial and therefore safe. Your funds are immediately sent to your personal wallet after you have purchased it. They are never stored online in your Coinmama accounts.
- Is Coinmama legitimate?
- Yes. Coinmama is a trusted and legitimate cryptocurrency broker. It has been trusted by more than 3,000,000 people in 188 countries since 2013.