Coinmama, a cryptocurrency exchange platform, offers a fast and safe way to purchase and sell most of the most popular cryptos. It was founded in 2013 and the first platform to allow purchases using a credit card.
It’s perfect for beginners due to its simple and user-friendly interface. It is easy to purchase crypto using fiat currency (paper money), which then goes directly into your personal wallet. This gives you full control over your funds. Other attractive features are the multiple payment options, high spending limits, loyalty program, and more.
This review will provide a basic overview of Coinmama. Read on to find out if Coinmama is right for you.
Before you go on, you may want to check out this video by Bitcoin Made Easy on YouTube that gives a quick review. Afterward, you’ll want to read the rest of our article for a more comprehensive review.
Pros Does Coinmama Store Credit Card Information
- It’s simple and straightforward to use
- Access to 10 most-popular cryptocurrencies
- buy and sell crypto instantly with credit and debit cards
- variety of payment options
- High spending limits
- higher transaction fees
- Only 10 cryptocurrencies supported
- no built-in crypto wallet
- no crypto-to-crypto transactions
What is Coinmama?
Coinmama gives you access to 10 cryptocurrencies, including major and less-known coins. These cryptocurrencies include Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash(BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Tezos (XTZ), Chainlink (LINK) and Uniswap (UNI.)
Coinmama lets you buy cryptocurrencies with fiat currency. This money is then sent to your wallet directly. Coinmama accepts USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, and JPY as fiat currencies.
Coinmama allows you to buy as little as $30 and sell as much at $100.
Fees for buy transactions can range from 2.38% to 3.83%, while sell transaction fees generally range from 0.91% to 1.87%.
What’s great about Coinmama
Simple, user-friendly platform
If you’re a beginner to the world of cryptocurrency, then you might have experienced being overwhelmed by the complicated charts and data in other exchange platforms.
Coinmama simplifies the process with its simple interface and design. Anyone can start buying crypto even without experience or a lot of knowledge about the different currencies.
After you have created an account and been verified, it is easy to purchase on the platform. Transactions are processed within days after payment has been made.
Instantly buy and sell crypto
Coinmama offers the quickest way to buy cryptocurrency. Unlike other crypto exchanges that require you to deposit fiat currency first before you can buy crypto, you can select the crypto that you want then pay during checkout, just like any online shopping experience. Once you have received the crypto, it will be sent to your external wallet.
You can simply transfer funds to Coinmama from an external wallet. The funds from the sale are then sent to your bank account. This simple transaction flow saves time and is more convenient for the user.
Multiple payment options
You can pay with credit cards, bank transfers, debit cards and Apple Pay. Coinmama was the first crypto exchange that accepted credit and debit cards, unlike other exchanges that don’t support card payments. You can purchase digital currency with any Visa, Mastercard debit or credit card or Apple Pay, SEPA Bank Transfer in Europe, SWIFT within the U.K. or wire transfer (outside Europe and the U.K.).
Coinmama offers a loyalty program where you can take advantage of reduced rates and save money. The fees will be reduced the more you sell or buy over a 90-day period. We’ll talk more about Coinmama’s fees in the later on, so for now, here are the three loyalty levels:
- Crypto Curious – the initial level, applies to all new users.
- Crypto Enthusiast – you reach this level when you’ve made a minimum cumulative purchase amount of $5 000 USD over a rolling 90-day period. The fees for buying transactions have been reduced to 3.34%, while the selling transaction fees have been lowered to 3.41%.
- Crypto Believer – Buying fees have been reduced to 2.86%, and selling fees are now only 2.93% if you have made cumulative purchases of $18 000 USD in a rolling 90-day period or more than $50 000 USD. This level will allow you to save 25% on the final cost of crypto.
Coinmama lets you spend up to 30,000 dollars at once, which is more than any other cryptocurrency exchanges. In other platforms, there can be some issues when buying large amounts of crypto, which is not the case with Coinmama.Your personal limit also increases as you buy more on the platform. Your verification level determines your personal limit. Here are the verification levels:
- Level 1: Monthly buy or sell limit of $15,000 for 50 or more orders.
- Level 2: Monthly buy or sell limit of $50,000 for 50 or more orders.
- Level 3: Monthly buy or sell limit is $100,000 over 50 orders.
The Downsides of Coinmama
Higher transaction fees
Compared to other crypto exchanges, Coinmama’s fees are higher at 3.81% for buying and 3.90% for selling. You can take advantage of their loyalty program, which offers lower rates. The fees go down as you purchase more crypto on the platform.
There is no crypto wallet
Coinmama does not have a crypto wallet that you can use to store your coins. Coinmama will only send your coins to an external wallet you have. To store the cryptocurrencies that you purchase, you will need to create your own wallet.
You can easily find an online wallet through a third-party provider. You simply need to share your wallet address with Coinmama when you purchase or sell coins. This is a string of numbers that serves as a “public key” for your wallet.
An upside to this is that it’s a safe way to buy and sell cryptocurrency, since Coinmama doesn’t hold your funds or even your payment information on the platform. This means your funds or personal information aren’t available on the site to be hacked. Just be careful when entering your wallet address to avoid sending your funds to the wrong address. Coinmama can’t retrieve funds if you make a mistake because transactions on blockchain are irreversible.
No crypto-to-crypto transactions
Coinmama does not offer crypto-to-crypto trading. This means that you can only use fiat currencies such as USD and GBP to buy crypto. It also doesn’t facilitate trades between buyers and sellers. All the cryptocurrencies that are sold by Coinmama come from its inventory. The transaction is between the buyer and seller.
There are only a few cryptocurrencies
You may not find as many currencies on Coinmama as you would on other exchange platforms which have more than 50 currencies. Coinmama does support a variety of major coins, so if you are only interested in bitcoin or ethereum it may not be a problem.
What does Coinmama do?
Coinmama is an easy to use, straightforward exchange platform.
Once you have set up your account, and been verified, you are able to immediately begin buying and selling. Unlike other exchanges that require you to pre-fund your account, there is no need for you to do so. You will only need to deposit fiat currency first, then buy crypto and then transfer the funds into an external wallet.
You pay only once at the time you purchase. Then Coinmama will send the coins to your wallet.
Click Buy to buy cryptocurrency. There will be options for exchange rates in your local currency. Select the amount you want to purchase then click Buy Now. To complete your transaction, enter your payment method. You can pay by credit card, bank transfer, debit card or Apple Pay. Your purchases will go directly into your personal wallet within an hour.
To sell, simply select the “sell” option, and then enter the amount that you wish to sell. Transfer the coins from your external wallet to Coinmama using a wallet address or a QR code. After a few days, the fiat money from the sale should be in your bank account. You should note, however, that only Bitcoin is supported and can only be sold in Europe.
Again, what’s great about Coinmama is that it’s non-custodial, so it never holds customer cryptocurrency funds, nor stores your payment information. It will give you complete control of your funds and make it safe to sell or buy cryptocurrency.
Overview of Fees
Like other cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinmama sets their own transaction rates based on an index called TradeBlock XBX which averages the rates of all known providers to track a market rate. Coinmama charges a rate based on this index plus 2%.
Coinmama’s starting fees for buying is 3.81% while for selling is 3.90%. However, the buy or sell fees depend on your loyalty level. You get reduced fees as you buy and sell through their loyalty program, over a rolling 90-day period.
Other fees are commission, credit card fees, and bank transfer fees.
For crypto purchases, the commission fee can be up to 3.81% and up to 0.9% for bitcoin sales.
Payment fees vary depending on payment method, with an additional 5% for purchases made by credit card, debit card, Google Pay or Apple Pay. Payments made via Fedwire, SEPA, SWIFT, Open Banking, and SWIFT are free. Does Coinmama Store Credit Card Information
Transfers to SWIFT banks (the required method for all transactions from U.S. Banks) below $1000 incur 20 British Pounds, while those above $1000 are free.
- You’re new to cryptocurrency
- You want to be able to easily use fiat currency to purchase crypto, which you can then use to trade on other crypto exchanges
- You want to buy crypto using a debit or credit card
- You are interested in trading with only a handful of currencies, such as bitcoin and ethereum
- You’re based in Europe or the U.K. (where features won’t be as limited)
- You want an easy-to-use and convenient crypto exchange platform
Coinmama’s aim is to provide a quick and easy way to buy and sell cryptocurrency through an easy to use interface and simple transaction flow. This is a great option for those new to crypto trading. Does Coinmama Store Credit Card Information
It is a simple, straightforward cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows you to access most of the most widely used currencies in an easy and convenient way. It has higher fees than other providers, however, these fees are reduced the more crypto you buy and sell on the platform.
Although Coinmama is not as feature-rich as other cryptocurrency exchanges, it does offer other benefits such as the convenience of debit or credit card payments, the ability to instantly buy and trade crypto, high spending limits and loyalty programs, as well as the safe and secure way to buy and sell cryptocurrency.
FAQ Does Coinmama Store Credit Card Information
- What is a Cryptocurrency exchange?
- A cryptocurrency exchange allows you to convert digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and other currencies to fiat (paper) currency or any other digital currency.
- How long does it take for Coinmama to send my bitcoins once I’ve paid?
- Coinmama will send the coins to your wallet within one hour of your payment and wallet address being confirmed.
- What methods of payment does Coinmama offer?
- Coinmama allows you to buy cryptocurrencies with a debit card, credit card or bank wire transfer.
- Is Coinmama safe?
- Coinmama is non-custodial and therefore safe. This means your funds are sent directly to your personal wallet once you purchase it, and are never held online in your Coinmama account.
- Is Coinmama legitimate?
- Yes. Coinmama is a legitimate and trustworthy cryptocurrency broker that is trusted by over 3,000,000 people across 188 countries since 2013.